Friday, August 27, 2010

Chocolate Muffin Tops


My daughter just came up with the name for my invention. Muffin Thingies... Well, it does look like muffin tops, and the texture is about the same, so I'll call them Chocolate Muffin Tops.
I did not think they would be such a hit with the kids. They are not sweet enough for my taste buds. Than again, my taste buds aren't normal either. I need about 2 -3 tbsp of sugar for a cup of coffee and eat Doce de Leite by the spoon full. Not to mention that one of my favorite treats as a kid was chewing sugar cane at my grandparents house.

Here is what you will need:

1 box of super moist chocolate cake mix ( I used one that had chocolate chips in it)
4 egg yolks
1/2 c canola oil
1 can kidney beans














In a food processor, blend the drained and rinsed beans with the oil.


The bean cream can be grainy and that's fine. 
With the cake mix I got, it will blend with the chips.


Add the bean cream to the yolks and than the cake mix and mix until blended.
You will need an electric mixer, and it can be a hand held one.



Scoop the batter and place them in a lined baking sheet.
I love parchment paper for cookies and rolls.
To scoop the batter I used one of those cookie scoops that look like ice-cream scoops.
Bake at 375F for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.



My husband had some dunking in the coffee.
My daughter with chocolate milk.
My son with apple juice.

It's been 3 days and I'm almost out of them. 
To me it's a treat, but since it has some nutrition, I'm allowing them to have for breakfast and snacks during the day. 
It is the only way I get my 3 year old to eat beans

No comments:

Post a Comment