Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blueberry Bagel Bread Pudding

I just found some blueberry bagels in the fridge but I knew I couldn't eat them all by myself, then a light bulb went up. Why not make a bread pudding? And so I did. Even though I have no formal recipe or experience with bread pudding. Never made one. I always relied on grandma, mom and my mom's maid. Somehow they always make me some when I go to Rio. But, still they are nothing like the American Bread Pudding.

Here is what I used:
3 blueberry bagels
2 c. of milk
1 c. of sugar
2 tbsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of ground clove
1 tsp of ground nutmeg
4 eggs

Extra cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top.




Cut up the blueberry bagels and place them in a baking pan.
Don't forget to either butter and flour the pad or use some baking spray.
In a mixing bowl add the milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and whisk.




Pour the milk and eggs mix over the chopped bagels.
I tried to push the bagels down so they can soak up a little more.
I'm not sure if that's very orthodox when it comes to bread pudding. Then again, I wasn't raised with this type of bread pudding. My family makes the Portuguese style one. It's baked in a bundt pan and has Port Wine and raisins.



Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mix.



Bake for approximately 30 minute at 350F.
It's smells really good!

Yum! It turned out pretty good!
Next time I'll try to mold it Brazilian style and add some fresh blueberries too.

No comments:

Post a Comment